Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Labor Day Camping Trip

Alex and I decided to take Hailey on her first ever camping trip. We drove about 2 hours north east past Camp Verde to an area with lots of pine trees... not a usual site in Arizona! We found the perfect camping spot with our friends Britton and Jamie. It was completely rustic, so we gathered our own firewood, made a pit, and set-up our tents. We enjoyed grilled brats for dinner, smores and banana boats for dessert, and eggs, pancakes, and bacon for breakfast! The best part was it was 30 degrees cooler than Surprise. We all enjoyed the campfire, and even got a little rain shower early evening. Hailey loved the outdoors, and did great. She finally got to wear her hat and sweatshirt. It was a lot fun, but camping is definitely a lot more work with a 6-month old who wants to roll on the ground and eats twigs :)

7 comments:

Natalie said...

Yay! Good job on your first post! Brian's going to wish we went camping... :/

Trevor and Summer said...

Only nerds have blogs.
Trevor

Trevor and Summer said...

I am so glad you guys got a blog. Now we can keep in touch. You guys are brave for going camping with a baby. Is Hailey crawling yet?

Summer

Trent & Emily Davies said...

How fun!! Yeah camping with a toddler is not a piece of cake! Erika loves going though because she can just run around and we let her get as dirty as she wants!

Tatum said...

I love that hat! Cute Cute Cute!

Shelly Knotts said...

Hey, I want a blog, too! Yours is great! Now I can remember when you are going somewhere by looking on your calendar! Love Ya!

Andrea J said...

That is such a cute picture of Hailey w/ her sweatshirt and hat :) Thanks for keeping us updated, and we're excited to see you in a couple of weeks.