Sunday, February 8, 2009

Big Girl Bed

This past week we took down Hailey's crib and moved her into a "big girl bed". The very first night in the bed she threw up, but has done great ever since and hasn't fallen out yet. I had a fun time picking out the bedding and moving things around. I made the curtains to match the bedding and I still need to decorate one wall and we are planning on a new nightstand. But it is fun to go through the big transitions with Hailey, although I get sad she is getting so big. Also big news this month, Hailey is potty trained! Yeah for Hailey :) She is such a good girl and so much fun to have in our lives.


11 comments:

Monica McCoy said...

It looks awesome! Let me know if you need help with the other wall. I wouldbe happy to help.

Andrea J said...

Nice work big girl! And big girls parents deserve some congratulations too.

Johnson Fam said...

Wow, you've completed a lot this month. You'll love having Hailey potty trained and sleeping in a big girl bed as long as she stays in it. I'm afraid my Hailey won't be one to stay in her bed though her sister Megan was. Love the room! Did you make the comforter too?

Brian Hanks said...

Man, Hailey is full of herself putting her own name up on the wall like that. She needs to stop acting like her dad and learn some humility.

TheMoncurs said...

A. Her room looks DARLING! Way to be!

B. POTTY TRAINED! You are so so lucky!

Natalie said...

Wow! Big girl bed AND potty trained? She IS getting old! :) I have yet to bite the bullet on the PT thing... :/

Britton & Jamie said...

Oh, it looks sooo good!!! I'll have to come see it in person too ofcourse! Good job on the curtains too..they look great!!

Anonymous said...

Well done. It does look better in person, I must say, but you wouldn't believe it because it looks so stinkin' cute in picture! You did a fabulous job and I can't wait to see the other wall when it is completed. I LOVE new projects.
PS Miss Hailey is getting too grown up!

Joel said...

She is so adorable--I love the pictures of her on the lovesac. And I'm so amazed she is potty trained...nice work mom & dad!(this is Kristy)

Cassandra said...

YEAH HAILEY! It's so fun to get them into a big bed! Hailey just looks thrilled! And congrats on the potty training. After my experience with Ethan, I am waiting for Avery to start begging me be trained. So, needless to say, I am extremely jealous of those who get it so quickly. But, very proud of her and you!

Pam Garner said...

What a fun room, I love all the stuffed animals. Congratulations on the potty training. That's wonderful. Way to go all of you!