Monday, March 2, 2009

Chihuly in the Desert

This weekend we went to see a special exhibit of Chihuly's blown glass at the Desert Botanical Gardens. It's good that the cool glass sculptures were there, because otherwise we could have experienced the same "desert gardens" in our own front yard. Here's some pictures of us there. As Hailey was fully accessorized she got lots of attention.





In the morning and after baths, the monster's hair goes crazy and looks a lot like the sculpture. Hopefully in a few years we can go full afro.

10 comments:

Nat said...

Wow she is adorable.

shelley said...

What a cool way to exhibit art. To put something so fragile as glass into a harsh desert environment - defying expectations!
Love Hailey's flip flops.

Andrea J said...

No Chihuly in your own yard? I love me some Chihuly.

Pam Garner said...

Cassie likes Hailey's bag. Those were amazing art structures. Hailey lookes so grown up. Happy Birthday to her on Saturday!

Nick said...

I especially love the 'fro picture. Hailey looks good with big red and yellow hair. I also find it funny that there is a desert landscape garden in the desert. I think I am going to start up a june-grass and sagebrush display.

Anonymous said...

What? No Birthday pictures yet? Haha, just teasing you. I hope you guys had fun getting your post party pedi's! I can't wait to see the pic's of the little princess. She rocked her crown and ALL her jewelry so well!

Unknown said...

I think that statue is perfect for Hailey, I believe I have seen her hair do that, thats hilarious!

Johnson Fam said...

Hailey is a girl after my own girls' hearts...glasses, bags...being fully accessorized whenever possible.

Zach said...

That looks like a really cool exhibit. In that first picture Hailey looks like quite the art critic.

Tanners said...

Hi Brooke! How are you guys? Hailey is sooo adorable and so big, I can't believe it! I just saw a picture of the crazy tree (your last photo in this posting) in a magazine of places to go see. Funny...